Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Of all the fear projects presented in class, the one that stood out to me the most was Stuart's. 
He brought in envelopes with everyone’s name, had us write down our fears about ourselves, then had us shred them in a shredder he brought to class. 
His experiment was extremely symbolic and really spoke to me. 
Fear has kept me from experiencing a lot in my life so far, it has had a hand in ruining some of my relationships with people, and I fear it will keep me from enjoying the rest of my life at its full potential. I do believe fear is necessary in life, it can keep us from danger, and help us make important decisions, but you should not let fear take control of your life. 
I believe to some point the only thing to fear is fear itself, and I believe if I can just “shred” some of those fears out of my mind, then I will be able to accomplish so much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment