Thursday, August 7, 2014

Seeing Sideways is the type of class I feel everyone should take in their schooling career.
There aren't enough classes out there that don't just focus on the student's ability to retain information, but to explore oneself as a person and a creative being.
Being able to focus on myself and on my creativity is something I needed.
For me, school was always something that needed to be taken seriously, study, pass the test, get the grade.
It was refreshing to take a class for pure enjoyment, to be able to learn something that you can't find in a text book.
Seeing Sideways is a therapeutic class for the creative soul.
Many things I have learned, the 4 S's, learning how to define your creativity, different ways to conquer fear, are all things I will continue to study out of class.
But I think one of the best things, one of the most helpful ideas I developed, was to not take things so seriously.
I feel that will really help me for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment